Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Why I chose to display my boxes

As an educator and now a mother, my philosophy of education has pretty well stayed the same, but my methods and characteristics of how learning actually occurs has "evolved."  I have often thought that we see education as a neatly packaged item that we send to our children, have them open it up, and get out of it all the same things.  However, with the sheer number of children that are in the world today and over the course of the world's history, there is NO way they all learn the exact same way, even if the information being taught and the method of delivery is the same for each one.

That's why I'm starting this blog......

I want to help give perspective on this subject.  In other words, let turn it around a bit.  Instead of education being the box, why not see each of our children as a unique box, especially created by God with his own shape, size, color, etc.  The number of children we have in our own family will help give perspective on this, as this can largely help us to see differences that are important.  I hope to write about each of my children as we learn together, chronicaling the daily activites and the unique ways each of them views and complete tasks.

I hope you will be intrigued by the subject, and hopefully, I can provide helpful insight and information, as well as be an encouragement to you as you educate your children or help the classroom teacher who does.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is an excellent subject matter for a blog! I look forward to hearing your insights.

    And I'm the first to comment. Whoohoo! :D

    ReplyDelete